↑ Return to Our Gardens & Parlor

Marriage License

Marriage License New JErsey

Amanda & Billy

Your Marriage License in NJ

You must have a marriage license in order for me to officiate your wedding!  If you are a NJ resident, you may apply in the municipality of the bride or groom’s residence, and the marriage license is good anywhere in the state.  If you do not reside in NJ, you need to apply for a marriage license in the county where the ceremony will take place.

If you are having a Garden Ceremony or using our Parlor here in Clayton, the municipal court is just a few blocks down the street from us at 125 N. Delsea Drive, Clayton NJ 08312.  I’d be happy to arrange your consultation during their hours so that you can combine both into one trip.  Please call them first to arrange an appointment to apply for your marriage license at 856-881-2882.

For all of the details and things you need to know, go to the state of New Jersey’s site.

Click here for the marriage license application if you’d like to print out and complete it before you go.  But do not sign the marriage application form before going to the Local Registrar. You must sign the application, while under oath, in the presence of the issuing authority. 

Call us at 856-226-3174 for your free consultation!